Monday, November 5, 2007

CA design annual



My favorite issue of comm arts came today, the design annual! It was kind of perfect timing because I have been struggling for an idea for my next project. Last week, I went to Barnes & Noble and sat down with the Print regional design annual and soaked it in for a good 45 minutes, I was so close to buying it but I couldn't come to terms with spending $35 on a magazine (but really its more than just a magazine...) Anyways, some of the highlights in the CA for me are the Backseat Driver's Manual for Volkswagen by Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Yonder Mountain poster by FarmBarn Art Co., the integrated branding program for Cellar Rat Wine Merchants by Berkley, packaging for Thymes Ltd. by Duffy & Partners, Spoetzl Brewery- Shiner Beer by Chaos Concept Manufacturing, sake2me packaging by Michael Osbourne Design, Pentagram's Saks Fifth Avenue packaging, Sid Lee Collective's Self Promotion posters, and the Museum of Sex poster by Lowe New York. I could probably name 20 more, but I figured I'd throw a few out there. I'm still in the process of figuring out what it is that I like to do, I am interested in pursuing one of the following for my next project: packaging, intergrated branding program, letterheads, logos, books, or environmental graphics.

No comments: