Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Crit


The 4 of us had our first critique of our label project yesterday, which I think went pretty well. It's nice having our small group. Everyone had good ideas... Laurel is doing salsa and has two kinds called "hot 'n horny" and "mild 'n modest." Rosie is doing ice cream with the flavors based on emotions/associations people have to eating ice cream, such as Rocky Road having something to do with breaking up with your boyfriend or Espresso Chip when you are studying during finals week. And Jessie is doing a combination of "PB" "&J" and played around with schmearing peanut butter and jelly onto her scanner.
I got feedback on mine as to which ones were working best, the most simple one of course. So, I reworked the colors a little and had to work on the series. For my labels, I was thinking that I would want to print them on an off-white/cream paper, but now I'm thinking (with Jessie's help) that a white, slightly textured paper would be good to go along with the fresh, light, clean feeling of the labels and the dressing.

On another note, I have two ideas of imagery I came across brainstorming that I wanna use. I like these antique frames that I want to use, maybe put stuff in for labels or maybe packaging. The other one is these vintage sewing patterns that I found on etsy.

No comments: