Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Soundmap [audio walks of London]


I received my Daily Candy-London this morning to find the link to this website. [Yes, I signed up for the London email because I still want to be there.] I wish I had seen this before we went this past summer on our study abraod trip, it would have been so much fun, such a cool thing to do for tours of the small little places we went to. I will definitely pass this onto the juniors though. I am definitely going to listen to them and pretend as if I was there, and get all sad that I'm not.

I just posted this and realized that I didn't explain more specifically what Soundmap is... "Soundmap produces downloadable audio walks of London using narrators like Robert Elms and Irma Kurtz as tour guides, along with music, sound effects and interviews with locals to create informative, off-beat walks. Tours of the Kings Road, Camden Town and Soho come with instructions about where to start and end, and what to look at along the way. You’ll learn plenty; it’s like employing a physical tour guide, without needing to follow a pack of camera-wielding, besneakered piddlers (sorry, tourists) like a sheep."

No comments: